Sunday 21 October 2007

Escapade to Barcelona




Thursday night I came back from work, switched on my laptop and checked my email to see if there were any news about my house hunting. I found out that I had won a return flight to any vueling destination for the week end. So I decided to organize a last minute escapade to Barcelona to see my friends Steve and Eoin. I booked the flight for Friday and only when I received the confirmation email I realized that I had booked the 6am flight! I tried to change it but it would have cost me €100. So I decided that I had to accept the consequences of my mistake. That meant that I didn't go to bed on Thursday night. Went to see my friend Ashley in La Latina, and then took the taxi to the airport. So it was a photo opportunity for the new Terminal of Barajas airport! It was 3am when I got there. The boarding time was 5.30am.
So got to BCN, went to Steve and Eoin's place and spent the next 4 hours sleeping. On Friday evening we went for dinner and on to a gay club called Metro. Where the drinking got a bit out of hand... Hey but what the hell, not every week end I am in Barcelona having a good time with my friends. Anyway I paid the price next day. Infact on Saturday we only had the energy to have a walk to the waterfront and then go back home cook dinner and watch Apocalypso. We were in bed by 10.30.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ciao profuga!
un abbraccio dall'Africa ... da quell'altra profuga sanseverinese!!! ;-)

Anonymous said...

What a life.
Bellissima la foto sei molto seducente.

Quasi quasi ti raggiungo e faccio e mi diverto un po' anch'io

Silvia